LogisticsCentre IV Distribution Center
Summary of Building Specifications
- 26.135 Acres on Lot D2 of the KCI Intermodal BusinessCentre, Kansas City, MO
- LogisticsCentre IV (“LC4”) is designed as a multi-tenant, cross-dock, modern bulk
warehouse / distribution center that incorporates sustainable design and construction features.
- Up to three separate tenant entries are available with the office area to be built to a tenant’s
specific requirements under a Tenant Improvement Allowance (“TI Allowance”)
- 432,640± SF. Minimum suite size is 108,160± SF.
- 520’ depth x 832’ length.
- 52′ x 50′ (typical) with 52’ x 60’ at the perimeter bays along the dock loading walls.
- Columns are structural steel tubes 10” x 10” x ¼”.
- 32′ minimum clear height from the finished floor to the lowest structural member of theroof frame,
except at the perimeter bays along the loading dock walls.
- The ceiling deck is painted white.
- Single-ply, mechanically fastened, 45-mil white TPO roof membrane with R-17.2 insulation including
15-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- 7″ thick, reinforced concrete floor slab over a 4″ crushed stone base with compressive strength of
4,000 psi in (28) days finished to a specified overall value FF 50/FL 35 and a minimum local value
FF 35/FL 24. Saw-cut joints within the 60’ loading dock bays are caulked with MM-80 joint sealant.
- In order to minimize moisture transfer from the subgrade a 15-mil vapor barrier has been installed
under the entire building floor slab.
- LC4 offers (89) dock positions (1:4,860± SF) with 9’ wide x 10’ high manually operated doors.
- The base shell building includes (20) docks with the dock equipment package described below.
- Additional docks can be equipped with dock equipment via the TI Allowance.
- LC4 offers (4) 12’ wide x 14’ high drive-in doors, one at each corner, with electric operators.
- The base building dock equipment package includes a 35,000# capacity 7’ x 8’ mechanical leveler,
rigid frame dock shelter, dock bumpers and Z-guards.
- Light packages, dock-locks and other upgrades are available via the TI Allowance.
- LC4 offers (119) 12.5’ wide x 60’ deep x 7” thick, non-reinforced concrete paved trailer parking
positions (1:3,600± SF).
- Trailer parking areas include a 15’ wide continuous concrete dolly pad.
Loading Apron and Truck Drive Lanes
- 7” thick, non-reinforced concrete pavement over 6” crushed stone base.
- Loading apron extending 70’ from the building loading walls.
- Concrete drive lanes are 55’ wide.
- The building walls are painted concrete tilt-wall panels with clerestory windows for natural light.
- The interior sides of the walls are painted white.
- All windows are 1″ thick insulated tinted glass.
- LC4 is equipped with an ESFR wet sprinkler system with an 8” underground fire loop and
four 8” lead-ins, an electric fire pump and K-17 heads capable of 16.8 GPM/PSI flow.
- The ESFR system has been designed in accordance with NFPA 13 chapters 14 and 15 requirements.
- As such it is designed to protect Class IV commodities which includes Group B and C plastics and some Group A plastics.
- Quantities of such materials will depend on method of storage (palletized, high pile, bulk) and final product type being stored.
- The system was designed to accommodate modifications to allow for in-rack and higher zone densities if required by tenants.
- LC4 offers (206) car parking spaces provided for use by tenant(s) on a pro-rata basis.
- Additional car parking is available via the TI Allowance.
- T5HO high-bay, fluorescent light fixtures with motion sensors, 10’ tail whips providing average
25-footcandles of light at 36” above the finished floor in the warehouse area.
- Wall-mounted, make-up air units designed to provide 49° F inside temperature at
0° F outside temperature with programmable control system.
- Ventilation fans in conjunction with louvered intakes provide summer ventilation rates up to 1.5 air exchanges per hour.
- The house panel is 277/480-volt, 600-amp, 3-phase, 4-wire service.
- The base shell building includes spare conduits roughed-in for each tenant to have 277/480-volt, 1200-amp, 3-phase, 4-wire service.
- Upgrades to the electrical service are available via the TI Allowance. KCP&L is the service provider.
- Natural gas lines at 5psig serve the building with separate meters to the individual tenant suites from a common manifold.
- Laclede Gas (formerly MGE) is the service provider.
- A 16” city water main at the street is reduced to 8” for the fire service loop.
- A 2” line is provided for domestic water service to the individual tenant suites.
- KCMO is the service provider.
Telecom / Internet / Cable
- 100-pair telecom/fiber is available at the demarcation panel inside the building’s sprinkler/utility room.
- AT&T is the service provider for telecom (telephone and data).
- Fiber optic service is available for an additional charge to AT&T.
- Internet and cable service is available from various service providers as selected by tenants in the park.
- Guard house, fencing, other security features, forklift charging stations and other Tenant Improvements
are available as may be required via the TI Allowance.